Reverse osmosis (RO) systems are favorable environments for microorganisms to thrive. SUEZ’s Biomate* products are non-oxidizing biocides that are highly effective in reducing bacterial growth and the build-up of slime on a variety of membrane types.
Biomate MBC products are EPA registered non-oxidizing biocide for sanitizing RO and ultrafiltration (UF) systems and membranes. Most effective as bactericides, they will also control fungi and algae when used at higher dosages. A treatment program using products from both Biomate and Kleen™ will result in more effective membrane cleaning and decreased cleaning frequency.
1. Reduced unscheduled downtime and operating costs
2. Increased efficiency
3. Reliable production and supply
4. Maximum water recovery (less wastewater) at highest permeate quality
5. Extended membrane life
6.Minimal chemical handling
7. Effective sanitation of RO and other membrane water treatment systems
8. Compatible with thin film polyamide, polysulfone, and PVDF membranes
9. May be fed continuously, intermittently, or in an off-line clean-in-place mode